Re: Making the subquery alias optional in the FROM clause

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Making the subquery alias optional in the FROM clause
Date: 2022-07-09 10:28:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 at 15:09, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'll post an update in a little while, but first, I found a bug, which
> revealed a pre-existing bug in transformLockingClause(). I'll start a
> new thread for that, since it'd be good to get that resolved
> independently of this patch.

Attached is an update with the following changes:

* Docs updated as suggested.
* transformLockingClause() updated to skip subquery and values rtes
without aliases.
* eref->aliasname changed to "unnamed_subquery" for subqueries without aliases.

Regards,
Dean

Attachment Content-Type Size
make-subquery-alias-optional-v2.patch text/x-patch 17.5 KB