Thinking about

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Thinking about
Date: 2011-07-26 13:16:20
Lists: pgsql-www

I would like to see us encourage people whose blogs are syndicated to
planet PostgreSQL and to .org to write fewer, though more substantial
blog posts.

Unfortunately, ISTM that by not having a minimum length for blogposts,
we effectively incentivise writing lots of shallow articles, with no
analysis, and no original content.

It's hard to write a blog post that stays on .org for more than a day
or two now. This discourages people from writing really deep,
subtantial blogposts, because they know that traffic to their blog
will quickly fall off as soon as it slides off .org to make room for
other blog posts, which in some cases would be more appropriate as
tweets.

Am I the only one who thinks so? What measures could we take to
improve the situation?