Re: Barman disaster recovery solution

From: Mark Fletcher <markf(at)corp(dot)groups(dot)io>
To: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Barman disaster recovery solution
Date: 2019-02-27 16:52:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 1:39 AM Achilleas Mantzios <
achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello, as promised here is my blog :
>
> https://severalnines.com/blog/current-state-open-source-backup-management-postgresql

Nice blog post. If you're aiming for a comprehensive run down of tools, I
suggest including wal-g. We've been using it since it was released (and its
predecessor wal-e for years before that) and it's been great. We currently
use it to back up a replica to S3, and it has no issues doing that. In more
recent versions, it supports delta backups, which decrease the time/load
required for a backup immensely in our case.

Cheers,
Mark