Re: Test-cases for exclusion constraints is missing in alter_table.sql file

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Test-cases for exclusion constraints is missing in alter_table.sql file
Date: 2018-01-18 04:57:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 12:00 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> While working on exclusion constraints for one of our internal
>> project, I noticed that there is no test-case for exclusion
>> constraints in alter_table.sql file. However, for other constraints i
>> could see lots of test-cases in alter_table.sql. There are hardly 1-2
>> test-cases for exclusion constraint using ALTER TABLE command (1 in
>> constraints.source and 1 for partitioned table in alter_table.sql).
>> Shouldn't we consider adding few test-cases for exclusion constraints
>> in alter_table.sql considering that we have added lots of test-cases
>> for other constraints in this file. Thoughts?
>
> They're tested elsewhere, so this proposal seems rather duplicative.

By elsewhere do you mean in the contrib module 'sepgsql'
(sepgsql/sql/ddl.sql) because other than that i didn't find any other
places having ALTER TABLE ... ADD CONSTRAINT ... EXCLUDE ... sort of
sql queries other than the files which i mentioned in my earlier
email. Thanks.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma