Re: Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Shigeru HANADA <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink
Date: 2012-09-13 07:56:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hanada-san,

What about your plan to upstream contrib/pgsql_fdw module on the upcoming
commit-fest?
Even though I understand the point I noticed (miss-synchronization of sub-
transaction block between local and remote side) is never easy problem to
solve, it is worth to get the patch on the table of discussion.
In my opinion, it is an idea to split-off the transaction control portion as
a limitation of current version. For example, just raise an error when
the foreign-table being referenced in sub-transaction block; with explicit
description in the document.

Anyway, let me pick up your patch for reviewing. And, I hope you to prepare
contrib/pgsql_fdw patch based on this patch.