Re: BUG #15641: Autoprewarm worker fails to start on Windows with huge pages in use Old PostgreSQL community/pgsql-bugs x

From: Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Hans Buschmann <buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net>, thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: BUG #15641: Autoprewarm worker fails to start on Windows with huge pages in use Old PostgreSQL community/pgsql-bugs x
Date: 2019-02-21 12:53:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Hi Thomas, Hans,
On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 2:16 PM Hans Buschmann <buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net> wrote:

> hello
>
> Since these are production systems, I did'nt set huge_pages=off.
> (huge pages give performance, autoprewarm is not so necessary)

I did turn autoprewarm on, windows server 2019 and postgresql 11.2 it
runs fine even with huge_pages=on (Thanks to neha sharma). As Thomas
said error is coming from per database worker and main worker waits
till per data database worker exists so from code review I do see an
issue of having an invalid handle in per database worker. A
reproducible testcase will really help. I shall see to recheck the
code again but I am not much hopeful without a proper testcase.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mithun Chicklore Yogendra