Re: [PROPOSAL] Shared Ispell dictionaries

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Shared Ispell dictionaries
Date: 2019-02-21 12:45:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 9:33 AM Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> I'm working on the (b) approach. I thought about a priority queue
> structure. There no such ready structure within PostgreSQL sources
> except binaryheap.c, but it isn't for concurrent algorithms.

I don't see why you need a priority queue or, really, any other fancy
data structure. It seems like all you need to do is somehow set it up
so that a backend which doesn't use a dictionary for a while will
dsm_detach() the segment. Eventually an unused dictionary will have
no remaining references and will go away.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company