db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy Group <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL
Date: 2013-12-05 10:23:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

I was recently going through the ranking of Databases given by
db-engines.com

PostgreSQL was ranked 5th, with a score 7 times lesser than Oracle and
6times lesser than MySQL. You can check their ranking Algorithm over here:
http://db-engines.com/en/ranking_definition

I wrote to them asking to improve the same by considering PostgreSQL user
group discussion too for their ranking algorithm. Below is the response I
got:

Hi Sameer,
> Thank you for your interest in our ranking and for your proposal.
> We are always looking for ways to improve the ranking method, and any
> ideas are very welcome. From the figures we have we don't see a significant
> advantage or disadvantage for open source systems caused by their specific
> communication channels, but we will closer investigate your suggestion at
> our next ranking evaluation.
> all the best
> Matthias Gelbmann

I am going to provide them with a link where they can track user
discussions and its frequency. Is there any consolidated view/search/count
for all the different user forums we have in PostgreSQL community?

Best Regards,
*Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore
069533
M : *+65 8110 0350* T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

[image: email patch]

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).