Re: High Availability Cluster

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: mfatticcioni(at)mbigroup(dot)it
Cc: PostgreSQL General Discussion Forum <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: High Availability Cluster
Date: 2014-12-04 04:14:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Maila Fatticcioni <mfatticcioni(at)mbigroup(dot)it
> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is another way to set up a complete cluster
> that would manage in case of failure:
>
> * the relocation of the VIP (virtual ip address)
> * the relocation of the main instance of Postgresql

​Consider trying pgpool. It has an HA mode (and I think the latest version
works using a heartbeat, the older one uses watchdog).

If you are up for a commercial product, you may want to consider using
something like EnterpriseDB's failover manager.

Best Regards,

*Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant*

*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533

M: *+65 8110 0350* T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com

*[image: icons]*

[image: Email patch] <http://www.ashnik.com/>

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).