Re: setObject(...) with native Java arrays like String[] ?

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: John Lister <john(dot)lister(at)kickstone(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setObject(...) with native Java arrays like String[] ?
Date: 2012-08-23 15:00:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

To be candid, I need help managing the patches.

Many times the patches come in without test cases or without
documentation. All of these things require me to spend time I don't
have.

Also many patches or requests are very specific "itches" which solve a
particular problem for the submitter. Every new feature adds
complexity and possibly negatively effects performance. It is useful
to keep in mind that the driver is used by lots of other people who
will not benefit from this particular feature request.

So I am open to suggestions as to how to manage this better. I know
that the main postgresql project has a system where other people
review patches. This seems like it is a good idea.

Notionally someone other than the submitter would review the patch.

Thoughts ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca