Re: Inherited table identification possible

From: Stephen Belcher <sycobuny(at)malkier(dot)net>
To: George Woodring <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inherited table identification possible
Date: 2012-05-24 18:11:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Yes, the system column "tableoid" identifies the actual table in which the
row is stored. If you cast this to "regclass" you'll get the name of the
table that the row is stored in:

SELECT tableoid::regclass FROM base_table;

There's more documentation on this available at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/ddl-inherit.html (for version
9.1, at any rate: season to taste with your version of PG)

Hope this helps,
--Stephen

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM, George Woodring <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net