Inherited table identification possible

From: George Woodring <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inherited table identification possible
Date: 2012-05-24 18:01:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is it possible to identify which inherited table data came from in a query?
We have a table that has 3 inherited tables attached to it. I am looking
for a way to identify the source of the data.

My only thought would be to add a column to the tables that identify the
table. I was just checking if there was a way to do it without the column.

Thanks,
George

--
iGLASS Networks