Re: Contributing with code

From: Antonio Belloni <abelloni(at)rioservice(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Contributing with code
Date: 2018-01-05 13:22:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry, but I did not want to start a flaming war against the TODO list with
my first message. In all the other open source projects I have contributed
code, the TODO list is always a start point to newcomers. There's no
explicit message in the Postgresql TODO list saying that the projects there
are hard, stuck or undesirable. So it's very confusing to a newbie who just
want to help and try to learn something in the process.

And now I don't know If I should continue to work on the issue on my first
message and post my ideas on the list, or if I should find other ways to
contribute, for example, fixing bugs from the bug list.

Regards,
Antonio Belloni

Atenciosamente,
Antonio Belloni
abelloni(at)rioservice(dot)com
+55 21 3083-1939
+55 21 99327-0200
RIO SERVICE | Tecnologia em Movimento
Av. Pastor Martin Luther King Jr. 126 - Grupo 465
Centro Empresarial Shopping Nova América
http://www.rioservice.com
http://www.busvision.com.br