Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences
Date: 2022-03-25 07:00:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 6:59 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Pushed, after going through the patch once more, addressed the remaining
> FIXMEs, corrected a couple places in the docs and comments, etc. Minor
> tweaks, nothing important.

The commit updates tab-completion for ALTER PUBLICATION but seems not
to update for CREATE PUBLICATION. I've attached a patch for that.

Also, the commit add a new pgoutput option "sequences":

+ else if (strcmp(defel->defname, "sequences") == 0)
+ {
+ if (sequences_option_given)
+ ereport(ERROR,
+ (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
+ errmsg("conflicting
or redundant options")));
+ sequences_option_given = true;
+
+ data->sequences = defGetBoolean(defel);
+ }

But as far as I read changes, there is no use of this option, and this
code is not tested. Can we remove it or is it for upcoming changes?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
tab_completion.patch application/octet-stream 3.2 KB