Fix a comment in worker.c

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fix a comment in worker.c
Date: 2022-02-16 00:26:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While reading the code, I realized that the second sentence of the
following comment in worker.c is not correct:

/*
* Exit if the subscription was disabled. This normally should not happen
* as the worker gets killed during ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... DISABLE.
*/
if (!newsub->enabled)
{
ereport(LOG,
(errmsg("logical replication apply worker for
subscription \"%s\" will "
"stop because the subscription was disabled",
MySubscription->name)));

proc_exit(0);
}

IIUC the apply worker normally exits here when the subscription is
disabled since we don't stop the apply worker during ALTER
SUBSCRIPTION DISABLE. I've attached a patch to remove it.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_comment_in_worker.c.patch application/octet-stream 552 bytes