Re: [Doc Patch] Clarify that CREATEROLE roles can GRANT default roles

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Doc Patch] Clarify that CREATEROLE roles can GRANT default roles
Date: 2020-12-28 11:41:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 7:50 AM Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/default-roles.html mentions the
> "Administrator" several times, but does not specify it further. I
> understand that it is mentioned elsewhere [1], but I think it would be
> beneficial to remind the reader on that page at least once that
> "Administrators" includes "roles with the CREATEROLE privilege" in the
> context of GRANTing and REVOKEing default privileges, e.g. with the
> attached patch.

You sent in your patch, default-roles-createrole.patch to
pgsql-hackers on Nov 28, but you did not post it to the next
CommitFest[1]. If this was intentional, then you need to take no
action. However, if you want your patch to be reviewed as part of the
upcoming CommitFest, then you need to add it yourself before
2021-01-01 AoE[2]. Thanks for your contributions.

Regards,

[1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

--