Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION -- add missing tab-completes

From: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2023-04-07 07:41:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 2:28 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 5:58 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > There are some recent comment that added new options for CREATE SUBSCRIPTION

> > PSA patches to add those tab completions.
> >

> LGTM, so pushed. BTW, while looking at this, I noticed that newly
> added options "password_required" and "run_as_owner" has incorrectly
> mentioned their datatype as a string in the docs. It should be
> boolean.

+1

> I think "password_required" belongs to first section of docs
> which says: "The following parameters control what happens during
> subscription creation".

But the documentation of ALTER SUBSCRIPTION says:

The parameters that can be altered are slot_name, synchronous_commit,
binary, streaming, disable_on_error, password_required, run_as_owner,
and origin. Only a superuser can set password_required = false.

ISTM that both password_required and run_as_owner are parameters to
control the subscription's behavior, like disable_on_error and
streaming. So it looks good to me that password_required belongs to
the second section.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada