Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Date: 2019-01-30 09:56:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 4:33 AM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> There are two more failures which we need to something about.
> 1. Make fsm.sql independent of vacuum without much losing on coverage
> of newly added code. John, I guess you have an idea, see if you can
> take care of it, otherwise, I will see what I can do for it.

I've attached a patch that applies on top of v19 that uses Andrew
Gierth's idea to use fillfactor to control free space. I've also
removed tests that relied on truncation and weren't very useful to
begin with.

--
John Naylor https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove-reliance-on-vacuum-for-fsm-regression-test.patch text/x-patch 5.0 KB