Re: [9.1] 2 bugs with extensions

From: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Postgres Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [9.1] 2 bugs with extensions
Date: 2012-09-28 14:08:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
> Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>>> Can we work out a minimal example to reproduce the bug?
>>
>> Yes, the above text or sql/pgq_coop/sql/pgq_coop_init_ext.sql
>>
>> I guess you could replace pgq_coop with any extension just
>> consisting of just functions.
>
> I did just that, with a single function, and couldn't reproduce the
> problem either in 9.1 nor in master, with relocatable = true then with
> relocatable = false and schema = 'pg_catalog' as in your repository.

Indeed, after another makefile reorg, I could not reproduce it
on skytools master either, some digging showed that due
to a makefile bug ($< instead $^) the ADD SCHEMA
was missing from .sql file. So no bug in postgres.

>>> (The Makefile in skytools/sql/pgq_coop fails on my OS)
>>
>> How does it fail? Are you using gnu make? What version?
>
> I guess sed is the problem here, it's a BSD variant:

Could you test if Skytools git now works for you?

I replaced sed usage with awk there, perhaps that will be
more portable.

--
marko