Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

From: Tomonari Katsumata <t(dot)katsumata1122(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David G Johnston <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Date: 2014-09-02 13:35:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm sorry for slow reaction.

I don't care whether rounding up or down it, although this title has
'rounding up'.
(I just only come up with it. I'm sorry for my imprudence)

I'm thinking about a method which users get quick awareness it.
Now, it's okay not to change current behavior except non-zero value yields
a zero. A zero rounded down from non-zero gets an error.

I attached new patch.
This includes a document about above behavior as Heikki suggested.

regards,
Tomonari Katsumata