Re: PL/pgSQL 2

From: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)trustly(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Date: 2014-09-02 13:36:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> It is way how to do COBOL from plpgsql. I am against it. Start to develop
> new language what will support fast development, but it is wrong way for
> plpgsql - and It is out my interest

Are you saying COBOL by default update's one row and throws an error otherwise?
In what way could *not* changing the syntax of a standard UPDATE
command, but changing the *behaviour*, in plpgsql2, be deemed to be a
step in the COBOL direction?

I don't want a new language, I love plpgsql, I just want to love it a
bit more, I don't think I have to clarify on that any more.