Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment

From: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment
Date: 2021-01-19 08:31:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 6:23 AM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> If you patch the scripts by changing the option used by the cl
> command, are there cases where the installation able to complete when
> using a subst driver? It seems to me that if things work could work
> even in this case and result in a correct installation, then there is
> an argument for making the MSVC scripts easier to use for the
> end-user.

The scripts assume that the 'msvc' folder is three levels deep,
'src/tools/msvc'. If you respect that, you can build with the 'cl /help'
patch. Please find attached the patch for so.

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-WIN32-Make-x64-arquitecture-detection-more-resilient.patch application/octet-stream 840 bytes