Re: Clean up some old cruft related to Windows

From: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clean up some old cruft related to Windows
Date: 2020-02-18 11:26:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 9:56 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-windows-full.html
> > In recent SDK versions you can change the targeted CPU architecture,
> > build type, and target OS by using the setenv command, e.g. setenv
> > /x86 /release /xp to target Windows XP or later with a 32-bit
> > release build. See /? for other options to setenv. All commands
> > should be run from the src\tools\msvc directory.
>
> AFAICS we cannot use "setenv command" on cmd.exe, or no such command
> found in the msvc directory.

I cannot point when SetEnv.bat was exactly dropped, probably Windows 7 SDK
was the place where it was included [1], so that needs to be updated.

Using VS2019 and VS2017 this would be done using VsDevCmd.bat [2], while
VS2015 and VS2013 use VSVARS32.bat.

[1]
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/windows-sdk/ff660764(v=vs.100)?redirectedfrom=MSDN
[2]