Returning to Postgres community work

From: Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im>
To: Postgres Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Paul Copplestone <copple(at)supabase(dot)io>, Ant Wilson <ant(at)supabase(dot)io>
Subject: Returning to Postgres community work
Date: 2021-08-31 05:53:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I'm very happy to announce that I now work for Supabase [1]. They
have hired me so that I can participate in, and contribute to the
Postgres community.

I'm announcing it here in the hopes that more companies feel
encouraged to contribute to Postgres. For those who don't know my past
work and involvement in the Postgres community, please see the
'PostgreSQL RDBMS' section in my resume [2] (on page 4).

I'm deeply indebted to Supabase for giving me this opportunity to
work with, and for the Postgres community.

Following is the statement by Paul (CEO) and Anthony (CTO), the
co-founders of Supabase:

Supabase is a PostgreSQL hosting service that makes PostgreSQL
incredibly easy to use. Since our inception in 2020 we've benefited
hugely from the work of the PostgreSQL community.

We've been long-time advocates of PostgreSQL, and we're now in a
position to contribute back in a tangible way. We're hiring Gurjeet
with the explicit goal of working on PostgreSQL community
contributions. We're excited to welcome Gurjeet to the team at
Supabase.

[1]: https://supabase.io/
[2]: https://gurjeet.singh.im/GurjeetResume.pdf

PS: Hacker News announcement is at https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=