[WIP] Reduce likelihood of fdw prepared statement collisions

From: Marco <marcojoemontagna(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [WIP] Reduce likelihood of fdw prepared statement collisions
Date: 2021-01-29 08:14:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I realize using foreign data wrappers with transaction pooling may not be
strictly supported, but for the most part they work. I am however
occasionally noticing errors stemming from the prepared statement names
created by the fdw modify code colliding between sessions/DBs.

Would the development team be open to a patch which somehow makes this less
likely? Something like the attached patch works, but probably isn't ideal?
Perhaps there is a better unique identifier I can use here. I am very new
to the postgres codebase.

Best
*Marco Montagna*

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Reduce-likelihood-of-fdw-prepared-statement-collisio.patch text/x-patch 1.1 KB