parallel.c is not marked as test covered

From: Clément Prévost <prevostclement(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: parallel.c is not marked as test covered
Date: 2016-05-08 21:12:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The entire parallel.c reported test coverage is zero:
http://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/access/transam/parallel.c.gcov.html

It seem that it's not covered by the original 924bcf4f commit but I don't
know if it's on purpose. This feature being really new that would be
understandable.

If it's not, my first idea would be to fix this by adding a simple sql test
in /src/test/regress, in the "sql" and "expected" subdirectories that
explain (cost off) some queries.
I'm also guessing here that we can force a query to have a parallel plan
with some cost magic to avoid dealing with sufficiently large datasets.