Re: pg_multixact/members growing

From: Tiffany Thang <tiffanythang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_multixact/members growing
Date: 2018-05-23 22:10:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Tom and Thomas.

Where do I find pg_controldata? I could not locate it on the file system.

pg_clog/ or pg_subtrans/ or pg_multixact/offsets/ are getting larger too
but by only a few hundreds MBs.

This is not a replicated system.

How do I tell if a system is aggressively running "wraparound prevention"
autovacuums?

Sorry, I failed to follow the calculation. How did you get
“~435 million more members can be created.”?

What happens when no more members can be created? Does the database halt or
shut down?

Thanks.