Grant documentation about "all tables"

From: Lætitia Avrot <laetitia(dot)avrot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Grant documentation about "all tables"
Date: 2018-12-16 15:17:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

When you look at Postgres' SQL reference documentation for `GRANT`, the
`ALL TABLES` clause is explained as :

> ALL TABLES also affects views and foreign tables, just like
the specific-object GRANT command.

A colleague of mine was asking himself if it included materialized views or
not (well, yes it does).

I made that tiny patch to add materialized views to the list. It builds on
my laptop.

Then another question crossed my mind... What about partitioned tables ?
I'm pretty sure it works for them too (because they're basically tables)
but should we add them too ? I couldn't decide whether to add them too or
not so I refrain from doing it and am asking you the question.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

Lætitia
--
*Think! Do you really need to print this email ? *
*There is no Planet B.*

Attachment Content-Type Size
sql-grant-documentation-adding-mat-views-to-all-tables_v1.patch application/x-patch 894 bytes