Re: Supported Windows version for the Windows installer

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Supported Windows version for the Windows installer
Date: 2017-07-08 20:58:08
Lists: pgsql-www

On Friday, April 28, 2017, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
wrote:

> The Windows download site:
>

> https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
>

> Does not list the supported Windows versions. Someone just sent a question
> to de(at)postgresql(dot)org, asking if Windows 10 is supported.
>

> Can the website be updated, and include the supported Windows versions?

(Why yes, I am catching up to old email, what makes you think that?)

This seems like a very good idea.

Dave, do you think this is something that's doable? This is not information
that changes *that* often after all, it can probably be reasonably
maintained manually if you can get it onto the appropriate checklist?

If it's too much to easily update manually, can we set up some sort of feed
from the EDB pages that we can pull and automate the update?

//Magnus

--
Magnus Hagander