Re: Supported Windows version for the Windows installer

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Supported Windows version for the Windows installer
Date: 2017-07-10 07:53:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 9:58 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> On Friday, April 28, 2017, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
> wrote:
>

>> The Windows download site:
>>

>> https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/
>>

>> Does not list the supported Windows versions. Someone just sent a
>> question to de(at)postgresql(dot)org, asking if Windows 10 is supported.
>>

>> Can the website be updated, and include the supported Windows versions?
>>

> (Why yes, I am catching up to old email, what makes you think that?)
>
> This seems like a very good idea.
>
> Dave, do you think this is something that's doable? This is not
> information that changes *that* often after all, it can probably be
> reasonably maintained manually if you can get it onto the appropriate
> checklist?
>
> If it's too much to easily update manually, can we set up some sort of
> feed from the EDB pages that we can pull and automate the update?

It would probably be kinda messy to try to put the info on that page. It
can be found at https://www.enterprisedb.com/services/edb-supported-
products-and-platforms#postgresql.

I've asked the EDB web team to add a prominent link to the download landing
page to that info.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com