Re: FOSDEM 2013 - workshops

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Ronan Dunklau <rdunklau(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2013 - workshops
Date: 2012-11-18 14:30:30
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Ronan Dunklau <rdunklau(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello.
>

> I just noticed the "call for papers" for FOSDEM 2013, and wondered whether
>
> it was possible to propose "workshops". By workshop, I'm thinking about
>
> gathering a few people (< 20, most likely ~10) to explore a topic hands on,
> for an hour or two.
>
> I'm willing to host a small workshop about foreign data wrappers. The goal
> would be to build a small in-db application (collection of foreign tables
> and function) to give a glimpse of what is possible with this feature.

You can definitely propose it. However, there is one problem - we only
have access to one room, so we can't set aside too much time. And
there is nowhere to expand to. Setting off 2 hours amounts to more
than 25% of the total availability we have in the devroom... And it
would be limiting this time to 10-20 people, instead of the usual >100
we have during these sessions...

> Do you think anyone would be interested in attending such a workshop ? Or in
> hosting one ?

Probably, but the question is how many :)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/