Re: Fate of pgFoundry

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fate of pgFoundry
Date: 2012-01-12 18:56:57
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 19:52, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> I've just been informed by the Alvaro that the sysadmin team would like
>> to kill off pgFoundry.  I don't blame them.

I'd also to clearify that this is *not* the sysadmin team. The
sysadmin team are not maintaining pgfoundry, and are not involved.

pgfoundry has a separate admin team, who hangs out at
gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org(dot) This is a completely different team.

Had it been under the actual sysadmin team, this would've happened
many years ago.

>> However, when we previously had this discussion, there were a list of
>> things to be done in the months leading up to killing off pgFoundry.  As
>> far as I know, none of those things were actually done.
> ... like, say, notifying projects and giving them a reasonable
> opportunity to migrate someplace else?  AFAIR there has been never been
> any clear statement of intent to shut down pgfoundry, just some vague
> grumblings of annoyance from the admin team.

Dave has been working on a plan, and options and things like that.
He'll be posting details soon.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/