Re: 2018-03 Commitfest starts tomorrow

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2018-03 Commitfest starts tomorrow
Date: 2018-03-01 17:13:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 6:05 PM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:

> On 3/1/18 4:52 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >
> > The remaining 45 are, ordered by time created:
>
> OK, here's my break down after a brief review of all the patches in the
> list. Many of the patches were trivial/small, bug fixes, had history,
> or related to builds, tests, or docs.
>
> There are still 13 patches that are medium/large (in terms of impact,
> not size) from my analysis, and new.

> Medium/Large and New:
>
> Verify Checksums during Basebackups

I would call this one small, but it is new. I think it can partially tie in
with the other checksum work though -- if we do end up getting the online
checksum state change, then it would make sense to keep this one around as
well, given it as Michael says has a fair amount of overlap.

Minor clean-up in dshash.{c,h}

You have this one included twice, but since they end up in the same
category that seems ok :)

Exclude temp relations from base backup (This is my patch so I prefer
> somebody else decide its fate)

I think that one can be tied into the one about unlogged tables. It makes
sense to review and process those two together, given the similarity of
patches. Thus, I think it should stay unless we end up kicking the other
one.

--
Magnus Hagander