Re: Use of term hostaddrs for multiple hostaddr values

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Use of term hostaddrs for multiple hostaddr values
Date: 2018-01-20 18:30:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 5:34 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While looking at the documentation of libpq, I have noticed that the
> term hostaddrs is used to qualify multiple values of hostaddr. This
> looks incorrect to me, as this is not the name of a connection
> parameter. Please find attached a patch to address this
> inconsistency. One error message is also touched, impacting
> translability.

These are both clear bugs, and the docs one should definitely be both
applied and backpatched.

How much do we care about the error message when it comes to backpatching?
Maybe we should leave that one to 11 only, to avoid breaking that, as the
way it's written it's actually less wrong there.

Thoughts?

--
Magnus Hagander