Re: TABLESAMPLE docs found in search, but are 404

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TABLESAMPLE docs found in search, but are 404
Date: 2015-08-10 08:07:30
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
> <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/tablesample-method-functions.html
> >>>>>

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/catalog-pg-tablesample-method.html

> the

> >> well I think the point is the timing of the docs loading process during
> >> the release vs the timing of the job that does the spidering.
> >> Since I was not aware how far you had progressed with the release
> >> (especially when you had done the docs loading) it made not a lot of
> >> sense investigating further on the search/spider side.
> >
> > After the recent reindexing runs, search is now providing the correct
> urls.
> > While this is a very minor issue usually (because it is usually
> > extremely rare that we make changes to the docs that shift urls around
> > especially in tagged/stable branches) maybe we should consider adding a
> > forced search reindex after a docs push to our release notes?
>
> Not a bad idea. Do we have a simple way of forcing it at the moment?

Go to selek and run the "cron_websites" script manually
(/home/pgsearch/cron_websites - run as user pgsearch). Needs to be done
after the docs loaded obviously.

For now we should probably just put that in the step-by-step instructions.
Since it runs on a completely separate box, it's not trivial to integrate
it into the docloads scripts -- which would be a nicer long-term solution
of course.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/