Re: Commitfest app vs. pgsql-docs

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest app vs. pgsql-docs
Date: 2021-05-19 19:07:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 7:39 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> > * Laurenz Albe (laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at) wrote:
> >> Since we have a "documentation" section in the commitfest, it would
> >> be useful to allow links to the -docs archives.
>
> > ... or get rid of the pgsql-docs mailing list, as has been suggested
> > before.
>
> IIRC, the CF app also rejects threads on pgsql-bugs, which is even
> more pointlessly annoying. Couldn't we just remove that restriction
> altogether, and allow anything posted to some pgsql list?

It's not technically rejecting anything, it's just explicitly looking
in -hackers and doesn't even know the others exist :)

Changing that to look globally can certainly be done. It takes a bit
of work I think, as there are no API endpoints today that will do
that, but those could be added.

But just to be clear -- "some pgsql list" would include things like
pgsql-general, the pgadmin lists, the non-english regional lists, etc.
That may be fine, I just want to be sure everybody realizes that's
what it means. Basically everything on
https://www.postgresql.org/list/

--
Magnus Hagander