Re: Missing newlines in error messages

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing newlines in error messages
Date: 2016-12-15 15:35:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(oops, accidental send button press)

While poking around the pg_basebackup code, I noticed there are a lot of
error messages are missing the \n at the end. Most of them are very
unlikely to happen, but in general I believe all error messages we print to
stderr from those binaries should have a newline at the end.

Is that wrong? :)

Second -- if we were to backpatch something like the attached patch, is
that going to cause issues for translators?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/
Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
missing_newlines.patch text/x-patch 11.5 KB