Function to move the position of a replication slot

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Function to move the position of a replication slot
Date: 2017-05-04 12:05:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

PFA a patch that adds a new function, pg_move_replication_slot, that makes
it possible to move the location of a replication slot without actually
consuming all the WAL on it.

This can be useful for example to keep replication slots in sync between
different servers in a replication cluster.

(Obviously this is intended for 11, as we're well into the freeze for 10.
Just to be clear. so I'll go add itto the summer commitfest)

--
Magnus Hagander

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_move_replication_slot.patch text/x-patch 4.2 KB