Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar
Date: 2016-10-23 13:28:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Michael Paquier
> > Except that it looks in pretty good to me, so I am switching that as
> > ready for committer.
>
> + /*
> + * Create pg_xlog/archive_status (and thus pg_xlog) so we can
> write to
> + * basedir/pg_xlog as the directory entry in the tar file may
> arrive
> + * later.
> + */
> + snprintf(statusdir, sizeof(statusdir), "%s/pg_xlog/archive_status",
> + basedir);
>
> This part conflicts with f82ec32, where you need make pg_basebackup
> aware of the backend version.. I promise that's the last conflict, at
> least I don't have more patches planned in the area.

It also broke the tests and invalidated some documentation. But it was easy
enough to fix.

I've now applied this, so next time you get to do the merging :P Joking
aside, please review and let me know if you can spot something I messed up
in the final merge.

Thanks for your repeated reviews!

--
Magnus Hagander