Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar
Date: 2016-10-21 12:02:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Michael Paquier
> Except that it looks in pretty good to me, so I am switching that as
> ready for committer.

+ /*
+ * Create pg_xlog/archive_status (and thus pg_xlog) so we can write to
+ * basedir/pg_xlog as the directory entry in the tar file may arrive
+ * later.
+ */
+ snprintf(statusdir, sizeof(statusdir), "%s/pg_xlog/archive_status",
+ basedir);

This part conflicts with f82ec32, where you need make pg_basebackup
aware of the backend version.. I promise that's the last conflict, at
least I don't have more patches planned in the area.
--
Michael