Re: BUG #7517: terminated by exception 0xC0000409

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: katsuhito(dot)habaguchi(at)fujixerox(dot)co(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7517: terminated by exception 0xC0000409
Date: 2012-09-04 07:03:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:00 AM, <katsuhito(dot)habaguchi(at)fujixerox(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> Bug reference: 7517
> Logged by: Katsuhito Habaguchi
> Email address: katsuhito(dot)habaguchi(at)fujixerox(dot)co(dot)jp
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.20
> Operating system: Windows Server 2008 R2
>
> I'm Katsuhito Habaguchi. I'm working for Fuji Xerox Co,Ltd.
> In our server, PostgreSQL service stopped by the following error message.

> LOG: server process (PID 1124) was terminated by exception 0xC0000409
> HINT: See C include file "ntstatus.h" for a description of the hexadecimal
> value.
> LOG: terminating any other active server processes
> WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
> current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
> repeat your command.
> LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing

Interesting - 0xC0000409 means STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN... The only case
I've seen that happen on connection startup is, as usual, with broken
antivirus/antispyware on the machine. If you have any such product
installed, try uninstalling it (not just disabling it) and see if the
problem goes away.

> OS: Windows Server 2008 R2
> PostgreSQL: 8.3.15
> Client: libpq C++ Application
>
> In client application log, we confirm that the above error occured in
> PQconnectDB or PQsetClientEncoding function.

The error occurred on the server, not the client if you got that
message. The question is what you did on the server when it happened.
If it happened connection, then I would look into things like anything
you have configured in shared_preload_libraries for example.

> The above error occured only one times.
> Is this problem fixed by latest package(8.3.20)?

Not that I know of, but it's always a possible side-effect from
something else - so it's always worth applying the latest patches.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/