Re: Notice lock waits

From: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Notice lock waits
Date: 2016-09-06 07:52:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> A general facility for promoting selected LOG messages to NOTICE would
> be nice, but I don't know how to design or implement that. This is
> much easier, and I find it quite useful.

IMHO that's what we need and it will benefit many more users instead of
adding a new GUC every time.

FWIW I recently wrote a patch for Postgres-XL to do exactly this and I
found it very useful, especially while debugging race conditions and
problems with ongoing sessions. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread,
will post that patch as a separate thread.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/