Re: after application close MS Visual C++ runtime library error occurs

From: Peter Irbizon <peterirbizon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jason Erickson <jason(dot)erickson(at)stickpeople(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: after application close MS Visual C++ runtime library error occurs
Date: 2012-01-12 00:43:35
Lists: psycopg

Hello Jason,

thanks for your questions. I will try to answer:
WinXp Pro, x86, python 2.7 32bit, pygtk, latest version of psycopg2, py/gtk
2.24.0

ad __del__() - No. It closes connections wher at the end of timer interval
(every few minutes it checks data in db and closes connections). I am not
using SSL mode. But I found out when I import psycopg2 after gtk import it
shows that error on exit but when I import psycopg2 before gtk it seems to
work fine.

example with error:
import pygtk
pygtk.require("2.0")
import gtk
import psycopg2
import psycopg2.extras
example without error:
import psycopg2
import psycopg2.extras
import pygtk
pygtk.require("2.0")
import gtk

it is strange but I am happy it works now. however I would like to know if
it is bug or not. thanks.

--Peter