Re: forward vs backward slashes in msvc build code

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: forward vs backward slashes in msvc build code
Date: 2015-03-13 09:04:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> This is contrib/chkpass not finding the crypt symbol, which is
>> presumably in some library. But I can't see how it would normally find
>> it, without my patch.
>
> It seems crypt is provided by libpgport. So chkpass should be mentioned
> in @contrib_uselibpgport, but isn't. Maybe the fix is just to add it
> there?

I had a closer look at this patch, and yes indeed, the problem was
exactly that. Now honestly I cannot understand why this dependency
with libpgport was not necessary before... In any case, attached is a
patch rebased on HEAD that builds correctly with MSVC.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20150313_msvc_backslash_fix.patch text/x-diff 42.4 KB