Re: [BUGS] BUG #13126: table constraint loses its comment

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #13126: table constraint loses its comment
Date: 2015-07-04 11:45:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 11:59 PM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> Well for indexes you don't really need to add the new AT command, as
> IndexStmt has char *idxcomment which it will automatically uses as comment
> if not NULL. While I am not huge fan of the idxcomment it doesn't seem to
> be easy to remove it in the future and it's what transformTableLikeClause
> uses so it might be good to be consistent with that.

Oh, right, I completely missed your point and this field in IndexStmt.
Yes it is better to be consistent in this case and to use it. It makes
as well the code easier to follow.
Btw, regarding the new AT routines, I am getting find of them, it
makes easier to follow which command is added where in the command
queues.

Updated patch attached.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Ensure-COMMENT-persistency-of-indexes-and-constraint.patch application/x-patch 18.9 KB