Re: WAL consistency check facility

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: WAL consistency check facility
Date: 2016-11-10 22:06:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> So, who are all of the people involved in the effort to produce this
> patch, and what's the right way to attribute credit?

The original idea was from Heikki as he has introduced the idea of
doing such checks if you look at the original thread. I added on top
of it a couple of things like the concept of page masking, and hacked
an early version of the versoin we have now
(https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqR4vxdKijP+Du82vOcOnGMvutq-gfqiU2dsH4bsM77hYg@mail.gmail.com).
So it seems to me that marking Heikki as an author would be fair as
the original idea is from him. I don't mind being marked only as a
reviewer of the feature, or as someone from which has written an
earlier version of the patch, but I let that up to your judgement.
Kuntai is definitely an author.
--
Michael