Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-12-10 05:52:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 6:46 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> I've been giving RecoveryTest.pm a look. I wonder if we really need that
> as a separate package. My first thought was that we could have another
> class that inherits from PostgresNode (say RecoveryNode). But later it
> occured to me that we could have the new functions just be part of
> PostgresNode itself directly; so we would have some new PostgresNode
> methods:
> $node->enable_streaming
> $node->enable_restoring
> $node->enable_archiving

Sure.

> $node->wait (your RecoveryTest::wait_for_node; better name for this?)

wait_for_access?

> and some additional constructors:
> make_master
> make_stream_standby
> make_archive_standby

I have done that a little bit differently. Those are completely
remove, then init() and init_from_backup() are extended with a new set
of parameters to enable archive, streaming or restore on a node.

Which gives the patch attached.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20151210_recovery_suite.patch binary/octet-stream 23.1 KB