Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-12-09 21:46:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've been giving RecoveryTest.pm a look. I wonder if we really need that
as a separate package. My first thought was that we could have another
class that inherits from PostgresNode (say RecoveryNode). But later it
occured to me that we could have the new functions just be part of
PostgresNode itself directly; so we would have some new PostgresNode
methods:
$node->enable_streaming
$node->enable_restoring
$node->enable_archiving
$node->wait (your RecoveryTest::wait_for_node; better name for this?)

and some additional constructors:
make_master
make_stream_standby
make_archive_standby