Renaming more clearly SHA functions in pgcrypto/

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Renaming more clearly SHA functions in pgcrypto/
Date: 2016-07-04 07:15:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,
(folks interested in that in CC)

While looking at some facility in pgcrypto, I have noticed the stanza
created by 56f4478 to prevent conflicts with OpenSSL, like that:
+#define SHA256_Init pg_SHA256_Init
+#define SHA256_Update pg_SHA256_Update

Wouldn't it be better to avoid that, and just rename all those
functions as pg_shaXX_foo? It seems to me that this would be more
in-line with what's already in core. This renaming would be part of
the refactoring effort for SCRAM to have all the functions for SHA1,
SHA156, etc in a unique file sha.c in src/common with a reworked
interface, particularly for SHA1 where things are quite inconsistent
with SHA2XX.

Opinions? As that's a matter really rather independent on SCRAM, I
prefer creating a new thread to gather opinions..

Thanks,
--
Michael