Re: pgsql: Add putenv support for msvcrt from Visual Studio 2013

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add putenv support for msvcrt from Visual Studio 2013
Date: 2016-09-06 12:02:25
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net> wrote:
> * Michael Paquier wrote:
>> In order to avoid any problems with the load and unload windows, my
>> bet goes for 0001, 0002 and 0003, with the last two patches merged
>> together, 0001 being only a set of independent fixes. That's ugly, but
>> that looks the safest course of actions. I have rebased/rewritten the
>> patches as attached. Thoughts?
>

> In lieu of convincing you to drop the entire thing, yes, that looks about
> right, except for the BOOL thing.

Yes, right. Thanks. Patch 0001 is definitely something that should be
applied and backpatched, the CloseHandle() call is buggy. Now 0002 and
0003 are improving things, but there have been no reports regarding
problems in this area, so this could just be applied to master I
guess. Christian, does that sound right?

By the way, how is it decided that a DLL gets unloaded in a process if
it is not pinned? Is that something the OS decides?
--
Michael